30 October 2010
28 October 2010
- Confirmed: Dresses can instantly prettify. Kahit feeling lang, mood enhancer ba.
- Confirmed: No need to wait for "special" occasions to dress up. Make every day a dress-worthy day. (Thanks to my Daily Dates! *wink*)
- Discoveries: I was able to wear dresses that I've almost forgotten about. It's always fun shopping in one's closet!
- There were dresses I wasn't able to wear because they're really not for daytime or the office -- lace, tube, too short, too casual, backless, etc.
- Maxi dresses and tights are the answer to leg rashes.
24 October 2010
23 October 2010
15 October 2010
I enjoy being in dresses, it's among my simple joys. Aside from being easy to wear, you just slip into them, they reflect my "pa-girl" style. Every day is Date Day for me! So I don't have to wait for "special" occasions to wear one. Also, the personal challenge makes waking up for work a little more fun! Try it!
13 October 2010
- In 6th Grade, I was one of our school's Math Olympiad representatives. The inter-school Olympiad was held in Xavier so parang soiree! =) Our team finished 2nd, over-all. (Pang grade school math lang ako. Hahaha! High school & college math were totally different stories.)
- Around 1999, I tried taking on two jobs -- AM job: writing for the network; PM job: teaching an early evening Mass Communications class. Proud to say my students got really excited when I laid down my plans for the term. But unfortunately, the university and I didn't meet eye-to-eye on the contract so I had to cut my 'college instructor' stint short.
- In my 20s, my weekend / after-work raket (aka part-time job) was Events Hosting for the music label Sony-BMG. Feeling VJ, hahaha! Highlight of my stint: a one-on-one interview with James Ingram. (LOL, blast from the past!)
12 October 2010
11 October 2010
06 October 2010
Favorite Fashion Films
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The September Issue
- Breakfast At Tiffany’s
- Funny Face
- Sex & The City The Movie 1
- I’ve always been attracted to Elie Saab’s designs.
Beauty must-haves: Mine’s so basic.
- Drinking lots of water
- Dove soap
- Ponds cold cream as make-up remover
- Neutrogena 50++SPF sunscreen
- I’m attracted to bags with exotic skin.
Describe your personal style
- Look for Less
- Statement accessories
What is the most versatile item in your closet?
- My ballet flats. I’ve paired them with jeans, shorts, dresses, leggings. I’ve taken them to the mall, to our travels, to church, to the ballet, to dates, to errands, etc.
How do you put an outfit together?
- Based on my mood when I get up.
- Based on the weather.
- Based on my scheduled activities for the day.
What are your wardrobe staples?
- I try to accessorize the classics (LBDs, black pants, jeans, white shirt, trench coat, etc).
What’s next on your shopping wish list?
- I’m currently eyeing at least three leather bags at Fino.
How do you dress for your body type?
- I’m petite by the worldwide fashion standards (average by Pinoy standards). I try not to cut my legs by wearing the right skirt / pants length.
- I’m not curvy. Fortunately, I’m into pa-girl styles, making me look more womanly.
What or who influences your dress sense?
- Fashion blogs, magazines, films, TV series, art, travels, window shopping, fashionistas. Anything and everything.
Any piece of clothing or accessory you cannot live without?
- I’ve been in a “I love ballet flats” state for several years now.
Biggest fashion faux pas?
- Too many to mention. But the most recent: underestimating Spring in
. I never thought it could be as cold as Shanghai Hong Kong’s Winter!
If money were no object…
- I want a huge walk-in closet!
- Repetto ballet flats in all colors.
- Investment bags, as listed on Nina Garcia’s One Hundred.
02 October 2010
- Animal Print: Maybe a scarf? I'm still not sold on the flats.
- Ankle Booties: Hmmm... If I find a "so me" pair, maybe.
- Cashmere Sweater: Not a priority as I live in a tropical country.
- Cape: Same with #3.
- Camel Coat: Same with #3 and 4.
- Driving Shoes: Not a priority. I'm really not into driving. Unless I find a pair that'd be super comfortable for long walks (aka travel).
- Espadrilles: If and when we go to Spain.
- Hobo bag: Looking for an affordable version.
- Investment bags: Later in life.
- LL Bean Tote: Soon.
- Motorcycle Jacket: Not a priority.
- Monogrammed Stationary: Soon.
- Mary Janes: Searching.
- Mad Money: Asap.
- Quality Champagne: Sa New Year? =)
- Robe: Searching.
- Pucci: Not a priority.
- Spanx: For the next formal event.
- Suit: Someday.
Iconic Trench Coat Wearers:
87. Turquoise and Coral Jewelry
Check! Both are huge rings.
88. Tuxedo Jacket
Pass. I'm sticking with my Blazer (#11)
Check! I have two black umbrellas -- a long one, and a fold-able version. My recent finds: A long black umbrella with the map of Manila as design, from Bench. Loved it so much I got another one in white.
Nina: The game begins in the lingerie drawer. What you put on beneath your clothes matters. It's amazing how quickly a great pair of underwear can make you feel sexy, and how quickly a panty line can ruin an outfit.
91. Valid Passport
Check! Hubby's has a brown leather holder, mine's in a kikay pink leather holder.
Pass. I'm not attracted to buy. Not after my Converse experience.
I used to enjoy my hometown's, Baguio, ukay-ukay (I hope this is considered "vintage"). Ten years ago, the thrift items were really dirt cheap. And one could find treasures with a little patience. But things have changed. They charge too much now. So I don't go anymore. Why pay for a second-hand top for P500, when I can buy a brand new version at the mall for the same price?
But I have two items from ukay that I wear to this day. 1) A floral sleeveless top that has survived so many seasons. I love its color palette (mix of eggshell, brown, mustard, yellow), style, material and fit. Very girly. 2) A long white spaghetti-strapped sun dress. The straps are made of little white flowers! I love lounging at home in it. So lady-like. Happy second-hand finds!
01 October 2010
And among the galleries we got to visit in the Zone, one of the exhibits that proved to be most memorable was The Project White T-Shirt. Maybe because I recognize the power and versatility of a white shirt – it could really be the perfect canvass for great style.