02 October 2010

THE ONE HUNDRED - T,U,V

(Continued)

Nina's One Hundred - T,U,V

86. Trench
Check! Black.

Khaki's the classic but since my rain coat (trench style) and my safari jacket are already khaki, I decided to go with black.



Iconic Trench Coat Wearers:


Above: Meryl Streep in Kramer vs Kramer
Photo: vogue.co.uk

Above: Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca
Photo: foryourspeculation.blogspot.com

Above: Catherine Deneuve in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
Photo: ark-about.blogspot.com

Above: Audrey Hepburn & George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's
Photo: marylaurenanderson.com




87. Turquoise and Coral Jewelry
Check! Both are huge rings.


88. Tuxedo Jacket
Pass. I'm sticking with my Blazer (#11)


89.Umbrella
Check! I have two black umbrellas -- a long one, and a fold-able version. My recent finds: A long black umbrella with the map of Manila as design, from Bench. Loved it so much I got another one in white.


90. Underwear
Check!


Nina: The game begins in the lingerie drawer. What you put on beneath your clothes matters. It's amazing how quickly a great pair of underwear can make you feel sexy, and how quickly a panty line can ruin an outfit.


91. Valid Passport
Check! Hubby's has a brown leather holder, mine's in a kikay pink leather holder.


92. Vans
Pass. I'm not attracted to buy. Not after my Converse experience.


93. Vintage
Check!


I used to enjoy my hometown's, Baguio, ukay-ukay (I hope this is considered "vintage"). Ten years ago, the thrift items were really dirt cheap. And one could find treasures with a little patience. But things have changed. They charge too much now. So I don't go anymore. Why pay for a second-hand top for P500, when I can buy a brand new version at the mall for the same price?


But I have two items from ukay that I wear to this day. 1) A floral sleeveless top that has survived so many seasons. I love its color palette (mix of eggshell, brown, mustard, yellow), style, material and fit. Very girly. 2) A long white spaghetti-strapped sun dress. The straps are made of little white flowers! I love lounging at home in it. So lady-like. Happy second-hand finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment