24 March 2011
I've been receiving a lot of "You're living out my dream of going to fashion school" messages.
Ladies, what's stopping you from fulfilling your own fashion fantasies? Go, rampa na! Check out the Designer Fashion Workshops' Summer 2011 sked below.
I plan to take the Styling Internship next (the Fashion Styling workshop is a pre-requisite for this, FYI.). If only my summer sked could accommodate the sessions. We'll see how April and May will unfold for me.
22 March 2011
I'm sharing our well-received fashion story (for school). Hard work and creativity c/o me & my teammate, LV. *bow*
Life is but an endless series of little details --
loops, cut-outs, feathers, ruffles --
as seen in Czarina Villa's creations.
Fashion Story Credits
Art Direction by
Mia Claravall Reyes
Hair and Make-Up by
Hoping that we see this fashion story in one of Manila's broadsheets' lifestyle sections soon... *keeping our fingers crossed*
As a fashion styling student, my level of interest on the works of Designer / Super Stylist Patricia Field has a reached another level. Now, I'm MORE in awe. I wonder if Manila can have its own version of a "Sex & The City-Patricia Field" collaboration (calling all TV networks & stylists). Someday soon?
From my SATC books...
Sex and The City: What began as a whimsical and necessary asset to an already strong series has evolved into a style bible so trendsetting that its influence can be seen all over the country (a flower on the lapel, Ray Ban aviators, nameplate necklace, etc.)
Patricia Field: "I'm here to entertain. The show is not a documentary. Its success is that it elevates itself a bit above reality."
On PF's eclectic costume decisions: "Sometimes we have to explain our choices because it hasn't been seen before. But that's how you get it to look special. If you just put the expected there, then it's not going to have that panache."
There are days when neutrals
color your world.
My Birkin alternative: the Banane Taipei Champagne Gray bag.
Got it online (via FB) from Bagahollic Bags.
(Didn't know about it yet when we were in Taipei, sayang.)
14 March 2011
06 March 2011
For my mock fashion story for a glossy magazine's June 2011 issue, I chose to do pages for the rainy season. Inspired by the visual of a red umbrella standing out amidst a sea of black umbrellas, I created a story for women who won't allow wet weather to dampen their style.
Red against a canvass of monotonous black, white and gray -- a reflection of the standout woman who won't let gray skies and the wet city rain on her every day parade.
Proud to say our Styling Mentor chose "No Gray Skies" as one of the best stories in class for being, "Focused. Cohesive. Hindi literal. Having a strong start."
Outfit 2, Pose 1
Outfit 2, Pose 2
1) Collaboration with hubby was so much fun! I really love brainstorming and working with him. Proud to say we're really a team.
2) Divine intervention: it rained the morning we scheduled the shoot. Perfect!
3) The styling item that was most difficult to find: the bright red umbrella. The malls had them in maroon or fuchsia. Found the right red in the market (Yey!) for only P150.
4) I had fun modeling! I know I won't measure to the pros (height pa lang kulang na) but I still enjoyed the experience. I say, do not take life too seriously!
5) I still have so much to learn when it comes to styling. After the shoot, after seeing the prints, ako mismo ang daming critique sa work ko. But as my hubby reminded me, "Don't be afraid to fail. That's how we learn." Amen to that.
6) "No Gray Skies" is an attitude I'm trying to live out every day. No matter what the situation, I always try to find a way to brighten things up. *wink*
04 March 2011
Diane Kruger for Glamour March 2011
I enjoy answering Glamour's "We Asked Our Staffers" Qs.
March 2011 Q: What 3 Things are Making You Happy Right Now?
(1) No alarm clock days (they come so rare in my life!) like today, 05 March 2011.
(2) The Today Show.
(3) Collaborating with Hubby on School Projects. I'm attending Fashion School, he's taking Photography Workshops.
Some of the Glamour Staffers' answers:
Celine. Bourbon. Diptyque. - Susan
Glitter. Sushi. Caramel. - Ranya
Fries. Flats. Pregnancy. - Lauren
Champagne. Cake. Birthday! - Jessica
Afrobeat. Scrabble. Vintage. - Danielle
Laughing. Weekends. Sleep. - Melissa
Brunch. Glee. Pinkberry. - Sarah
Husband. Prosciutto. Amaretti. - Christina
Bicycles. T-shirts. Shopbop. - Melissa
Fiance. Baking. StairMaster. - Brian
What are on your list? =)