|BLACK and ANIMAL PRINT|
Black tee, F21
Black shorts, F21
Animal print scarf, Zara
Animal print ballet flats, H&M
Black bag, Fino
Shorts are a must here in SG.
But when it rains, a scarf comes in handy, medyo lalamig ang hangin.
31 January 2012
What I wore to explore Chinatown...
30 January 2012
I'm having a difficult time naming my Best Dressed from the Screen Actors Guild red carpet. No one dress really stood out for me. But here are among my favorites...
|Natalie Portman in|
I like the color and style.
The petite star looked taller in it.
I'm just not so hot about the big ruffle.
|Jessica Chastain in a blue CK number.|
|Diane Agron in Carolina Herrera.|
Love this pink dress.
|Jane Lynch looked regal in blue.|
By David Meister.
|Zoe Saldana in|
Hollywood's take on the
This looked like a
I like it a lot!
|Emily Blunt in a stunning|
green dress by Oscar de la Renta.
I'm green with envy!
Confirmed from my six favorites above: I'm currently into color and simple, clean styles.
Now, for the other dresses that also caught my attention...
Parang maganda ang dress
pero hindi niya nadala.
Could this have been fab
on someone more fasyon?
|Michelle Williams in Valentino.|
|Mas OK pa itong simple red dress,|
long gown kung long gown.
|Sofia Vergara in the same silhouette as|
all her other red carpet gowns. Yawn.
|Brad and Angelina. Gorgeous in whatever.|
|Emma Stone in McQueen.|
What are your SAG red carpet thoughts?
29 January 2012
Here are among the most talked-about gowns at the Golden Globes red carpet. Glamour has actually named them the night's Best Dressed, see here.
My choices -- Heidi Klum and Paula Patton -- are not here. Maybe they were too simple for the fashion world? (Confirmed: I really am just a simple girl. Lol.)
What did you think of these?
|Angelina will be gorgeous|
And she looks great here.
But I'm not raving
over this Atelier Versace number.
|Elle in Zac Posen.|
Yan ang supermodel!
Pero hindi ba bridal?
|Emma Stone in Lanvin.|
Standout color combination.
|Feathers and Scales?|
|Charlize in Christian Dior.|
OK. Pero hindi ako fan
ng malalaking bows.
OA ng reactions.
|Kate in Cavalli|
|Claire Danes in J. Mendel.|
This one's gorgeous.
I understand the raves over this.
Ang linis kahit ang daming details.
It's not a boring black and white
|Nicole in Julien Macdonald.|
Ito medyo lumolosyang
ang material and style for me.
Parang isusuot nina Dolly Parton
|Wow. Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang.|
This one's fabulous!
Na-highlight lalo how sexy she is.
Love the color, the style, the details.
Naaaliw ako sa unexpected
colors on the red carpet.
|Madonna in Reem Acra.|
Sorry, I don't get this.
I actually think it should be on
The Other List. Hehe.
|Nicole Kidman in Versace.|
She's a goddess.
|Salma in Gucci|
Impressive gown details.
18 January 2012
My Best Dressed at the Golden Globe Awards are...
Heidi Klum in Calvin Klein
Nude and Turquoise. Fabulous!
A lesser being won't be able to pull this clean, nude number off. Heidi's truly a league of her own.
And Paula Patton in Monique Lhuillier
Yellow on the red carpet might seem a little 'Mission Impossible' but she pulled it off!
What a standout. Love the color. And the dark nails are just perfect.
Who are on your list?
Photos from RCFA.
|What I bought from our recent|
Jan 2012 issues of the local magazines
Makiki-25 Questions ako, inspired by Preview magazine.
How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up?
- Once. Twice.
How long do you spend in the bathroom in the morning?
- Fifteen minutes. Or less.
Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty?
- Cinderella. I'm still in search of my very own pair of glass slippers.
Which part of the newspaper do you read first?
- Manila: Headline story then Entertainment / Lifestyle
- Singapore: Front page onwards
Name your favorite ice cream flavor.
- I'm torn between Ube and Rocky Road.
Have you ever cheated at solitaire? When? Why?
- Yes. On my iPad. Once. For the points.
Do you believe in Feng Shui?
- Bits of it.
How many sit-ups can you do?
What is it you love about your life?
- I took "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." to heart.
- My marriage.
- How close I am to my parents, sis and bro.
- Not into them.
Can you dance the swing?
- Nope. I can't dance even with my ballet, Hawaiian and jazz classes when I was a little girl. Lol.
How many Facebook friends do you have?
- Less than 500.
Last song syndrome?
- California King Bed by Rihanna
What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
- 72 hours when I was still working for a TV network. Station ID shoot.
What is comfort food for you?
- My Mama's pork binagoongan, with nilagang okra, and cups of steamed rice. Eaten with bare hands.
How much weight would you like to lose?
- I've reached my goal, according to the scales. But it doesn't look or feel like I did. I think it's time to tone up.
- I've grown to like most of them. I never thought I'd see the day.
What is your karaoke anthem?
- Looking Through The Eyes of Love
How many hours can you walk in 5" heels?
- In my 20s, the whole day. Now, after two hours, I need my flip flops / ballet flats break.
Prescription to mend a broken heart:
- Allow yourself to grieve.
- But open yourself to the next love. Believe that you will be happy again.
- "Someone Like You" starring Ashley Judd, Hugh Jackman, Greg Kinnear
Name your favorite Pinoy moment.
- Reunions = Food Fiesta
What would you give up for world peace?
- Haters. Negatrons.
Which among the many hats you wear gives you the most pleasure?
- Being my husband's Life Partner. Read my other blog for details.
What do you feel is your most significant achievement?
- My loved ones know how much I love them.
- Putting (almost) everything on the line to pursue a dream.
Any other career you'd like to try?
- Oh, lots. I dream of having a career in the Fashion or Beauty industry. I've always dreamed of being part of The Today Show. I also wonder how it is to go back to theater acting...
16 January 2012
Among Manila's gems: affordable nail salon services.
Here's my French Tipped nails from last week's short Manila trip, c/o The Nail Spa, 5F Shangrila Mall. Express Hands: only Php190 (That's less than SGD6!). The service covers cleaning, massage and polish.
|Pardon my French (Tips)|
Photo taken 6 hours after the service.
And since I'm back in SG, where nail services start at SGD25 (for basic mani pa lang at neighborhood salon rate pa yan, hindi pa mall rate), I really have to learn how to do my own nails again (used to do it on my own, back in college).
I'll do my own French Tip version next week, and compare it with this. Hope I nail this DIY project.
What I wore to our Wicked Wednesday date:
Date: Wicked the Broadway Musical
Venue: Marina Bay Sands Grand Theater
|What I Wore:|
Black lace dress, F21
Black cardigan, Zara
Black lace clutch, SM Dept. Store
Black cocktail ring, F21
Black ruffled flats, Celine
Diamonds and Pearls earrings, heirloom piece
02 January 2012
From Glamour's "We Asked Our Staffers" January 2012 issue --
How Are You Already Excellent?
Some of their answers:
- I go for my goals. In 2011 I bought an apartment, started a fab job at Glamour!, and got my motorcycle license. - KT
- I started a weekly dinner club with girlfriends. We cook together and trade stories over vino. - EM
- I'm proud of myself for sticking to my workout routine: ballet-barre-based exercise classes three times a week. JC
- I switched to earth-friendly cleaning products. No more chemicals, and my lavender-scented home smells lovely. - JG
- I raised more than $3,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by competing in the NYC triathlon last summer. - KK
OK, Ladies, let's give ourselves some pat on the back. What are on your list?
- 2011 was a year of making my dreams come true. Didn't wait for anyone to make them happen. I pursued them myself! (A) I enrolled in Fashion School; (B) I left my comfort zone to follow my heart, and try living in a foreign country; (C) Been enjoying a career break, my longest vacation ever!
- Spent money on experiences rather than on things. Pursuing Dreams A, B, and C meant saving enough. Took me almost two years to reach my goal amount. Proud to have done it.
- My credit card balance has been negative for the past six months. Yes, it's better than zero. Negative siya! Sila pa may utang sa akin, hehe. I plan to keep this up by using it less pa lalo (actually, halos di na siya nagagamit - I'm so behaved!), and always paying in full or a little more.
- Made time for the family. Proud of my priorities.
- Said no to a job promotion that didn't feel right. Proud of my life principles.
- Took to heart Steve Job's "Stay hungry. Stay foolish." quip. I went beyond quoting the speech. Ginawa ko talaga. *big smile*
Wishing everyone a fabulous, glamorous New Year!
01 January 2012
Hubby and I welcomed 2012 at the Marina Bay. We're impressed with the fireworks display! We think it was more fabulous than our Hong Kong New Year's Eve experience in 2010.
Spotted: lots of little sequined dresses! I was among the sparkly pack with my gold top, gold nails and studded cocktail ring.
|I was among those wearing |
something sparkly to welcome 2012.
| Gold top, SM Dept Store|
Gold Rush nails, Caronia polish, DIY mani
Cocktail ring, F21
Here's to a shiny, shimmery, splendid New Year!