28 August 2010

THE ONE HUNDRED - B

(Continued)

Nina's One Hundred - B

B

5. Ballet Flats
Check!
They're my foot wear of choice. Because they're comfortable, ladylike, versatile (can go with jeans and dresses). I currently have ten pairs (five in black, two in red, one silver, one gold, one brown). And I'm dreaming of owning a pair of the French classic Repetto. Heard it's worth the price tag -- prices start at 150 Euros (around Php10,000).



Repettos are on my "Must Buy" list if and when we get to travel to Paris.

Classic Black


In denim


Mary Janes


Nina: Before she was an actress, a sex kitten, and a fashion icon, Brigitte Bardot was a trained ballet dancer. She was also a loyal and devoted fan of Repetto pointe shoes. When Bardot signed on to be in Roger Vadim's 1956 film, And God Created Woman, she asked Rose Repetto to make her a pair of flats to wear during the now legendary mambo scene. Mme Repetto created a pair of crimson flats for Bardot, which the actress instantly adored. When the film debuted, Bardot and the ballet flats became overnight sensations. Then, a year later, when Hepburn donned her own pair for her dancing scene in Funny Face, the shoes once again flew from the silver screen to the streets.



Confession: In my 20s, I was the stilettos-all-day-every-day girl.But things changed when I turned 30 -- comfort became my priority. I still wear heels but whenever I do, I make sure I have flats to alternate them with. =)


6. Bangles
Check!
Loads from Little India, Singapore. And from the Chatuchak Market, Bangkok.
Got gold ones from my Dad. And some more cheapies from tiangges, department stores, H&M and Forever 21.

7. Belts
Check!
Because a waist is a terrible thing to waste! - Anonymous

8. Bikini
Check!
Mine's red.

9. BlackBerry
Pass. I'm not techy. I'm fine with my Nokia cellphone.

10. Black Opaque Tights
Check!
If I could, I'd wear them every day because they do elongate your legs! But I can't since I live in a tropical country. I get to wear my tights when traveling to cooler regions, like China.

Nina's Obsession: Wolford. The black tights with the most opaque / matte combination -- no skin showing through, no splotchiness, no shine. (I want one!)

11. Blazer
Check!

Me in Hong Kong


12. Boyfriend Cardigan
Check!
Black. Navy. Gray. Red.

13. Brooch
Check!
But I get to wear them very rarely, mostly to formal events.

No comments:

Post a Comment