27 August 2011

VANITY SESSIONS by JOYCE IGNACIO

In my continuous quest to learn how to do my own every day make-up, I attended another workshop, Vanity Sessions. Professional make-up artist Joyce De Dios-Ignacio was a grade school and high school batch mate from Maryknoll (aka Miriam). Learned about her makeup class from Facebook (same way I learned about Makeup by Karen).

It was another fun (I love everything kikay!) and empowering (Kaya ko pala!) experience for me. I love learning new skills!

ABOVE
Our class of six.
I love that it was a small group
kaya Joyce was able to focus on each of us.


ABOVE
Me at work.
I chose a seat near the window
for maximum natural light.


ABOVE
The workshop provides attendees
with headbands, makeup brushes,
a buffet of makeup, mirrors, lamps,
bottled water and snacks.

I still brought my own kit
so Joyce was able to check if I have the correct shades.
As I feared, my liquid foundation is too light.
I have to get me a darker shade.


ABOVE

The Transformation
My bare face.
My day look (mas fresh na!).
My smokey eyes (ibaba ang kilay!).


ABOVE
Each participant received a gift bag!
Yey!


ABOVE
What's inside the gift bag?
Shu Uemura samplers, discount card, oil blotter.


ABOVE
I bought a makeup palette
sold by Joyce for only Php 1,500.
Practice na!


ABOVE
The "vain" women of Vanity Sessions.
Joyce's (in stripes) makeup looked so fresh, clean
and very polished! She was every one's peg, hehe.



Workshop details:

Name: Vanity Sessions

Fee: Php3,000 for a one-time, 4-hour workshop
(50% down via BDO)

When: Check their website
(I attended the Saturday, Aug 20 session.)

Where: Ours was held at the Medical Plaza Building, along San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas
(10-min walk from our condo! Yey!)

Time: Ours was held from 2pm to 6pm

Group: You may form your own group of six to enjoy a private session
(I joined a mixed group.)


2 comments:

  1. You look all gorgeous after the make up session! Looking forward to the Sept. 3 Vanity Session.

    ReplyDelete