09 August 2011

MAKEUP BY KAREN

I attended Batch 4 of the "Makeup by Karen" workshop. Below are a few of the photos from the session.
First part of the workshop:
LECTURE
(I'm seated in the first row.)

My top learnings from the lecture:
  • I've been too harsh on my skin. I should apply everything lightly. Huwag galit. LOL.
  • Take the cleanse-tone-moisturize regimen seriously. Bawal ang tamad.
  • Caking is caused by too much product. Guilty.
  • Highlighting. I must practice on this.
  • Contouring. More practice needed on this too.
  • I must master the color wheel.
  • Now I know why I need two concealers: one that's yellow-based, another that's peach-based. Curious? Attend the workshop, hehe.
Second part of the workshop:
HANDS-ON APPLICATION

My top learnings from the hands-on application:
  • I have hope! My close friends know how palpak I can be with makeup (Remember my "mukhang putik" days?).
  • I'll get better with practice. And because I really, really want to learn.
  • There are budget alternatives to the branded makeup products and tools. Yey!
  • My makeup kit has the basics, more or less.
  • Must buy: a foundation brush.
  • I have hope in doing smokey eyes! I used to try it on my own, at home; and I end up looking like I've been punched by Manny Pacquiao (Black eye, is that you?). LOL.
  • I need to learn hairstyling too. The workshop does not cover that.

Final portion of the workshop:
PICTORIAL

Above are my workshop batch mates
and our instructor Karen Jean Santos.

For Karen's credentials, visit her website.


Above:
My official workshop head shot
(light eye makeup)


It was a fun Saturday afternoon activity. Go color your world!

What: Makeup by Karen

When: Check out her Facebook page for the skeds (mostly Saturday sessions)
I attended the August 6 workshop

Time: 2-6pm

Where: H Studio, 2F of PureGold, Shaw Blvd (going to Kalentong)
5 minute-drive from Shangrila Mall

Fee: Only Php1,500 per session
She'll ask you to deposit Php500 to her BDO account then pay the balance during the workshop.

Bring: Your own kit so you may practice with your own stuff.
But they'll provide makeup & tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment