19 June 2011

SECRETS OF STYLIST LORI GOLDSTEIN

What is your secret styling weapon?

My weapon is that I'm fearless. I just go for it. You really can't make a mistake in fashion. You keep looking and trying. It's like a painting you're creating and all of a sudden you see, you've got it.


How important is it to know about drape, cut, fit and tailoring?

It's so important. The more you know, the better you're going to be at your job. I've had assistants ask, "What's houndstooth?" or "What's a bias?" Not that you're going to know all of this in the beginning, but the more you know, the better you'll do."


-- Q&A with Lori Goldstein, p21, "Secrets of Stylists," SCMorrison

Lori is one of the most sought-after editorial stylists in the fashion industry. She's worked on Madonna videos and Versace ad campaigns and with every photographer and hip publication you can think of.


Below: Houndstooth
I know what it is because
it's among my hubby's favorite patterns.
Yes, he's such a gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment