29 January 2011

A FASHION FANTASY COMES TRUE!

One of my fashion fantasies is to attend fashion school so I enrolled at the DFW: Designer Fashion Workshops (iAcademy, beside The Enterprise, Ayala Avenue, Makati). I'm living out another dream, YEY!

For the first day of Fashion School, we were told to wear our favorite style. I appreciate different styles but "classic with a twist" is most me. So I came to school wearing something very basic -- a LBD (Little Black Dress) with ballet flats (my footwear of choice). But instead of the usual classic accessories of pearls or diamonds, I wore my green necklace and emerald cocktail ring.

Above:
On my way to school, along one of the Makati walkways.
LBD, Zara
Ballet flats, Zara
Necklace and ring, Forever 21
Black tote, Liz Claiborne

Above: My emerald cocktail ring
(Promise, wala akong stiff neck, hahaha!)

Above: Mannequins galore.
Inside our classroom.


I'm taking up Fashion Styling under one of the country's top and first Fashion Stylists, Ms. Millet Arzaga (check out her site: milletarzaga.multiply.com). Due to the "confidentiality clause" of the workshop, I won't be able to share much about the course's content. But I'll be posting bits and pieces of my personal experience. *wink*

Today's class made me feel like I'm living out a mini-episode of "Project Runway" (minus the bitching I hope). As Ms. Millet said, our class is an interesting mix. Age range: 18 to 40. With backgrounds as diverse as accounting, photography, broadcast, sales; from fashion students to stay-at-home moms! Aliw!

I'm doing this for fun. For me. But if I eventually get the chance to earn from it, why not, chocnut? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment