16 May 2010

BE MY OWN MUSE

"Many of the most stylish women in the world have not been great beauties, but they have all drawn from an enormous amount of self-confidence. They made us think they were beautiful simply by believing it themselves.

The confident woman loves herself entirely. Think Lauren Hutton and her gap-toothed smile. Think Frida Kahlo and her unibrow. Think the Duchess of Windsor, no great beauty. Think Barbra Streisand and her Grecian nose. Notice how their heads are always held up high and their flaws are always flaunted, never hidden or apologized for. Look to these women. Follow their lead.

You are the goddess, so start treating yourself accordingly. You have to pamper yourself, because nobody else is going to do it for you... And what you wear up on that pedestal matters. Sweatsuits just won't do. I promise you, a great dress or a stunning skirt will make you feel much more "spotlight worthy," and others will see you that way too." (Nina Garcia, Chapter 1, The Little Black Book of Style, 2007)


So I guess I have to start embracing my freckles, my pox marks, my teeth, my patch-y sunburn, the list could go on! Hahaha!

As for the pampering, I'm off to my Nail Spa appointment in awhile. I'll try to dress up a bit for my Me Time. I won't go in my usual jeans and shirt ensemble. A summer dress maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment