16 May 2010

JUST CLOTHES?

"They are just clothes, shoes and bags, you could say. And people do say it, day after day. But I think they are more than just clothes, shoes and bags. They are a large part of a woman's character and tell us a bit of her story without saying a word.

I have always found that the women with amazing personal style are powerful, intriguing, and yes, even intelligent. Very intelligent. They know who they are and what they want to project upon the world. These women understand that what they put on in the morning is the first thing that people notice about them. It tells the world a bit of their story. And more important, their clothes affect how they feel about themselves throughout the day.

Think about this when you stand in front of your closet in the morning contemplating those safe choices (ugh), those trendy choices (ugh), and those choices that tell the world who you are (yes). When you choose according to your inner muse, you will project an aura of confidence and self-assuredness that nobody else can touch." (Nina Garcia, Chapter One, The Little Black Book of Style, 2007.)


Another work week coming up. What to wear, what to wear, what to wear?

For Monday, I'm contemplating over a military green shirt dress (What would it say? I'm in command? Haha!) and a ruffled cream top with black slacks or jeans (Message: I'm a girly-girl.). I guess it'll depend on my mood when I wake up tomorrow?


PS
I woke up feeling lady-like. And since it was 36C hot outside, I went for my H&M cream ruffled blouse. Thought bubble: Soft Summer. Paired it with my Topshop jeans. Bag (Fino) and shoes (Etienne Aigner t-strap wedge) were of the same chocolate brown shade. To break the cream-brown color combo, I wore my turquoise bangle, also from H&M. My photo lacks light, won't post it. Later, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment